Creative punch uses!



I love punches. That's a new thing for me, but I find them so satisfying. What I don't like is their price tag! So, I got a few after Christmas when they were cheap cheap. The Pine Needles edge punch is my current favorite. I used it to make a ribbon-like band of needles for this page:





To make the ribbon like strip, it's a bit of trial and error. You'll need a slim strip, cut to length. For Pine Needles, I found 1 1/8" was a good width, leaving me with a strip connecting in the middle. It was pretty just like that, but I added ribbon to the final LO, just for added dimension.







http://frommycraftroom.blogspot.com/2010/02/bordering-circles-and-oval-with-your.html has other great ideas for using your border punches in creative ways, including making circles/ovals. They look awesome, check her blog out!


Finally, I got to use another new cartridge, Destinations. Love it! I used cricut markers to draw, then I cut and layered like a frame on my photo. Love the effect!

2 comments:

  1. Great job on the LO! LOVE the idea on using the punch! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! I love how you used the punch with the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete