Debossing with your cricut: Robot Puppy!
There's lots of buzz about debossing and embossing with cricuts, so I thought I would try out an old trick I use on cards! On score lines in my cards, I usually use an inverted blade and "draw" a score line. Works like a charm! I really don't have the money right now for a whole kit, but love the look! So here's what I did:
1. Take out your blade housing and remove blade.
2. Insert blade with pokey-side inside the blade house. The "wrong end" will be sticking out.
3. Set to about 5 or 6 depth.
4. Put housing back in your machine. Choose your paper. This image was done on metallic Making Memories paper (see supply list below). I did not use a cushion or embossing mat underneath, although I will try out a spellbinders mat someday when using cardstock. However, the metallic worked great without! Design or choose your image, and cut!
5. Enjoy your debossed image!
This LO was made with Robotz, and the Robot Puppy is cut in standard cardstock, inked edges and then has a layer of Glimmer Mist pearl applied. The ink ran lightly, but I like the look!
Paper: Martha Stewart Playful Pink paper pad
Making Memories "Slice" paper multipack (metallic green)