This is me, on my first birthday! The original photo came out of a magnetic book, and is in bad shape, but I managed to get it into useable shape, I think. However, This page needed to keep it simple, and so I decided to use my MS punches and make a pretty little border. Love those punches! Here's the result:
Supplies: Fonts: LA Headlights BTN (my, birthday) and Vivaldi (First)
Paper: ? from my stash
Martha Stewart punch and flocking
Atg and xyron sticker maker
1. Create lace doily frame using Martha Stewart Doily Lace edge punch using strips of paper 1.25" wide. The picture in the sample is 6.5" x 7" and required two 1.5" x 12" strips of paper.
2. Punch strips with selected punch.
3. Cut into punched strip to first dot.
4. Make a gentle curve in the border, tucking each section of tabs behind the next tab.
5. Lay down a layer of adhesive at the edge of the back of the photo.
7. Starting at an inconspicuous spot, gently bend around the photo, Match the joint if necessary.
8. If unable to completely match beginning and end, use embellishment to cover this area.
9. Cut title, then use adhesive to apply flocking. Shake loose, then adhere to page.
10. Adhere photo to page. Embellish.
I hope you found that helpful! There's a few punches that this works especially well with, mostly the ones that are scalloped edged. Try some out, and let me know how it works!
Thanks for commenting, and linking back to me if you try this out. I'd love to see what you make!