My Sheri Crafts Challenge #20

This week's theme at My Sheri Crafts is Baby! You'd think that'd be an easy one, but I ended up with three LOs that I just didn't love. Finally I made this simple design of my mother holding her first granddaughter. Hannah is 9 days old here, and she's wrapped up in my baby blanket.



Supplies:

Papers: DCWV Whimsy stack, light pink cardstock, light peach cardstock, pink vellum
Circle Cutter
Fiskars Sunburst border punch
Corner Rounder
Pebbles chalk Pearlescent jewel tones
Basic Grey Wholy Cow! rub-ons #293
Spellbinders Nestabilities: Circle LG and Scalloped Circle LG
1" wide lace ribbon
Adhesive

Instructions:

1. Round corner on picture, then mount on light pink cardstock. Round cardstock corners.
2. Cut a 7" diameter circle in pink vellum.
3. Cut one strip of 1" x 10" light peach cardstock. Punch one edge. Chalk punched area.
4. Cut one circle using nestabilities in light pink. Cut coordinating scalloped circle in light peach. Emboss edges. Chalk edges. Adhere together. Apply rub on.
5. Cut lace ribbon to 10".
6. Layer and adhere from the bottom up: vellum circle, mounted photo, sentiment. Adhere to base paper. Adhere punched strip and ribbon as shown.
7. Enjoy!



Make sure you check out My Sheri Crafts and enter this week's challenge! You could win a $25 gift certificate!

3 comments:

  1. Love this layout! The picture is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your card and I am very new to this whole world of scrapbooking and card making!!! I am a 1st time grandmamma and just love the little rub on that you have on your card. I would love to try and put those words in my grandmamma brag book but cannot read all the words. Do you mind sending them to me???
    Abundant blessings
    Linda Rose

    ReplyDelete